2010 was a very big year for me. I mean, every year is probably a big year for everyone, but a lot of exciting things happened to me this year:
– I got married to my best friend. This one takes the cupcake, and my 2010 wrap-up post can almost be complete with nothing else!
– (Before I got married), I didn’t move back “home” for the first time. Having “my own place” that wasn’t directly owned by my university has been AWESOME. Yay, cats!
– Shortly after the wedding, Alex and I got our first dog. He’s had dogs, but I’ve only ever had cats. Luckily we got a cat-sized dog :]
-Earlier in the year I felt moved to do a fruits-and-veggies-only fast. I didn’t last more than a few days, but it had the long-reaching implications of me eventually becoming a vegetarian and cleaning up my diet a LOT.
– After several years of dabbling off and on with Couch to 5k, I finally committed to actually becoming a runner….and completed my first race without walking!
-In November I finally got to try hot yoga because of a ridiculously cheap Living Social deal. It really is changing my life and my body, albeit slowly, and I LOVE it.
– This is something I’ve been hesitant to talk about, but as a result of my new diet and my new activities, I’ve actually lost 15 pounds this year. This is by far the most weight I’ve ever lost, ever, and I wasn’t even trying. Living healthy is worth so much more than the numbers on the scale, but it does feel pretty awesome to fit into my senior prom dress even better than when I bought it!
I’ll be back with my goals for 2011 tomorrow… after Alex and I start our first New Year together with a little home vinyasa yoga session led by yours truly! I hope this year has been as rewarding for you as it has for me, and that 2011 brings you every happiness. Have a happy and SAFE new year!!